Welcome to the Science Faculty. Follow us on Twitter!
Our mission is to re-build the profile of Science as the high performing, exciting faculty which staff, students and parents understand and respect. We want to create climate of learning that gives students as rounded a science education as possible. Alongside the key elements of the curriculum, we firmly believe that Science unlocks students’ creativity and ingenuity which will equip them for life beyond Stockland Green. Science for us is not just Biology, Chemistry and Physics but gives all who study an ability to problem solve, reason, argue and compromise in a modern, ever changing society.
We will work to:
- Strengthen our newly built faculty with collaboration and hard work
- Provide our students with the skills to succeed
- Improve our outcomes from the previous year and to meet national averages
- Be respected as a faculty by staff and students
- Improve and develop our provision for all students
- Increase our A*-A and A*-C percentages
- Model outstanding teaching and learning
- Develop students’ enthusiasm and love of our subjects further
- Provide new opportunities both in lesson time and via extra-curricular activities which develop students’ aspirations and awareness of future pathways
- Support whole school literacy and numeracy initiatives